May and June have both flown by so fast that they seemed much like a hurricane leaving a trail of destruction behind. This destruction left my house work undone, my finances all over the place and my mind scattered.
So now we have hit the 1st of July. It’s like a second chance for a fresh start. It is time to kick things into gear, work out a plan so that like a business, I can sort myself out for the final 6months of the year. That way 2016 will get off to a better start. Good plan right?
So a few things that I need to get organised with:
- Buy a car. Whilst I have loved my little car over the last 7 years it’s time to let go. I am at a place in my life when I need the reliability of knowing that every time I turn the key it will start…yep it has come to that! This does however mean I need to fall into the world that is car loans which I am finding a bit scary.
- Pay off credit card debt. This is a little thing that lingers always in your mind, I need to focus and actually pay it off in a very structured format so that it actually goes down. This will be so very satisfying!
- Save save save! After our trip to New Zealand in August I am grounding myself for 12 months to focus on paying off number 1 & 2 and hopefully growing my savings at the same time. This means lots of staying in, and cooking bulk meals for lunches so that no unnecessary money is spent. Sounds fun hey…
- Create a study plan and stick to it. Calendars, lists and planners galore. I got a bit overwhelmed starting study again last semester so this time I am going in more prepared!
- Meal plan. I say this a lot but my follow through is shocking! If I meal plan, and particularly if I have food ready to go in the freezer this will give me more time when I get home from work that is usually spent cooking.
- Exercise. This should get a bit easier as the weather warms up and sleep-ins are less frequent but it needs to happen. My mind does not function properly when my body is not moving. All about making it a priority and following through.
- Allocate times for things. With full-time work, part-time study and a blog life I need to set aside specific times for things or blogging becomes a procrastination tool for study.
- Grow my social media presence. This is a Blog goal and you can actually help out with this one by following me on either Facebook or Instagram. And I will work on making good content that you will actually want to see!
- Relax. I am trying to complete a reading challenge which is good as it forces me to find time to read which I find is my escape from all of the above. I may have to schedule a reading night, one where I do not have to feel bad that I should be studying or doing housework.
I am actually excited to get started, to press refresh on the year so far and get back to a more balanced life!
Do you have any start of financial year goals?