Vegan baking means different things to everyone. Sure for some people it is a lifestyle choice, but for others it is a way to quite literally have their cake and eat it too.
For me, vegan baking has made enjoying a dairy-free diet much easier. The substitutions and workarounds that I have learnt as I have had to navigate a way to eat my favourite desserts without dairy have also by accident made me familiar with the principles of vegan baking.
With most desserts, we start with foundation ingredients of flour, milk, eggs, sugar and butter. For dairy-free I was already substituting milk and butter, therefore baking without eggs as well wasn’t a big step for me to take food from being dairy-free to vegan.
Vegan baking also makes desserts much more accessible not only to people who are vegan by choice, but to people with food allergies to both dairy and eggs, so these recipes can be a great option when needing to feed a group.
And finally, I always find people associate vegan baking with weird substitutions and ‘healthy’ alternatives. That is certainly not always the case, and the recipes listed below from around the web will satisfy any dessert craving (allll the sugar!).
And the best bit, even those who can eat anything will love these. They are delicious, decadent desserts, that just happen to be free from eggs and dairy.
1. No-Bake Chocolate Tart by Eight Forest Lane
A simple Oreo crust and a rich chocolate ganache filling – it doesn’t get much better than this. Get the recipe.
2. Snickers Galaxy Layer Cake by Not Quite Nigella
With next level decadence, this is one for the special occasion. Get the recipe.
3. 4 Ingredient Coconut Chocolate Ice Cream by Cookilicious
So few ingredients, so good. Get the recipe.
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie by Vegan Blueberry
Made with a silken tofu base, you can’t beat this creamy texture. Get the recipe.
5. Tropical Celebration Cake by Supergolden Bakes
Mango curd and passionfruit come together in this impressive cake perfect for spring or summer entertaining. Get the recipe.
6. The Best Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake by Make It Dairy Free
You can’t go wrong with a classic. Get the recipe.
7. Vegan Lemon Tart by The Foodie Journey
Made pretty with a super surprising ingredient! Get the recipe.
8. Vegan Sticky Date Pudding by Eight Forest Lane
The most popular recipe on my blog for a very delicious reason. Get the recipe.
9. Peanut Butter Fudge by plant.well
Super indulgent and made in the microwave – this fudge couldn’t be easier. Get the recipe.
10. Caramel Cheesecake by Downshiftology
Aren’t cashews amazing?? Get the recipe.
11. Vegan Carrot Cake by Vegan Huggs
Filled with spices, this is a vegan twist on a classic flavour. Get the recipe.
12. One Bowl Fudge Brownies (Gluten Free) by The Fit Cookie
The perfect gooey centre and only 30 mins in the oven? Yes please. Get the recipe.
13. Chocolate Rose Cupcakes by Eight Forest Lane
Like a mini mud cake but so pretty on top! I’ll take a bouquet of these any day. Get the recipe.
14. Lemon Pound Cake by Make It Dairy Free
Made in a bundt ban, this simple lemon cake becomes a perfect centrepiece for your next party. Get the recipe.
15. Dairy-Free Magic Shell Ice Cream Bars by The Simple Green
I never need to buy vegan ice creams from the super market again! Get the recipe.
16. Vegan ‘Snickers’ Cupcakes by Eight Forest Lane
Creamy peanut butter frosting, a rich chocolate cupcake and a drizzle of caramel. Perfection. Get the recipe.
17. Chocolate Chip Cookies by Marsha’s Baking Addiction
The perfect chocolate chip cookie made vegan with just a few simple swaps. Get the recipe.
18. Peanut Butter Brownies by Shivani Loves Food
Peanut butter + chocolate + brownies = best ever. Get the recipe.
19. Strawberry Peach Galettes by Orchids and Sweet Tea
For when you maybe need a break from all the chocolate and are looking for something pretty and fresh. Get the recipe.
20. Chocolate Peppermint Slice by Downshiftology
The perfect after dinner treat. Get the recipe.
21. Chocolate Mousse Cake by Pretty Sweet Blog
So incredibly creamy on top with a chocolate sponge base, topped off with fresh strawberries. Delightful! Get the recipe.
22. Easy Vegan Cheesecake by Vegan Blueberry
Made with vegan cream cheese, it’s basically the real deal. Get the recipe.
And to finish off your desserts…
23. The BEST Vegan Vanilla Buttercream by Eight Forest Lane
Super creamy, pipes like a dream and is perfect tinted any colour dependant on your occasion. Get the recipe.
24. The BEST Vegan Chocolate Buttercream by Eight Forest Lane
Because sometimes things are just better topped with creamy, rich, chocolatey frosting. Get the recipe.
25. The ULTIMATE Vegan Salted Caramel Sauce by Eight Forest Lane
Drizzle this on everything! Homemade caramel sauce is so much easier than you think. Get the recipe.
I hope this list has shown you that just because it’s vegan, doesn’t mean it can’t be incredibly delicious! Cheers to always saying yes to dessert!