This one pan baked salmon and broccoli is the perfect recipe for an easy weeknight dinner and is super delicious thanks to the sweet and sticky maple ginger glaze. It’s delicious, healthy and comes together in just 20 minutes!
I love salmon! It’s one of those proteins that you can really centre your meal around, is super healthy and good for you plus it is so quick and easy to cook making it perfect for those busy weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table quickly.
This recipe uses the easiest homemade maple ginger glaze which really is the hero of the dish. I hate boring, bland meals and this is everything but.
This glaze seasons the whole dish with rich and sticky, sweet and savoury elements that will excite your taste buds and elevate this regular dinner into something special.
Yes, it’s really that delicious.
Also can I for a minute just say how much I love broccoli? It’s such a simple and underrated vegetable but I always keep it on hand as it tends to last longer in the fridge than most other green vegetables plus it’s super versatile and can be added to so many dishes.
In this recipe we’re roasting the broccoli which brings out a kind of nutty flavour and seems to perfectly cook the broccoli so it’s just soft and tender but still has that little bit of bite to it.
We’re not doing too much to the broccoli as when eaten with the salmon, the broccoli balances out the richness of the glaze and everything just goes together on the fork.
Ingredients for this baked salmon and broccoli
As the name of this recipe suggests, there are two main ingredients to this recipe – salmon fillets and broccoli. But the real star of the show is the 6 ingredient maple ginger glaze.
- Salmon – I always like to keep frozen fillets in the freezer so I can always make a quick, healthy meal. Just simply defrost before using in this recipe. Otherwise fresh salmon fillets are perfect.
- Broccoli – This recipe uses a full large head of broccoli.
- Maple syrup – make sure to use pure maple syrup. Flavoured pancake syrup will not work.
- Soy sauce – the salty balance to the sweet syrup.
- Sesame oil – gives a nutty, richness to the glaze.
- Garlic & ginger – boosts the flavour and really is the key to how flavourful this dish it.
- Cornflour – also known as cornstarch in the US is going to be added in the end to make this glaze super thick.
How to make one pan salmon and broccoli
For this recipe you’ll need a small saucepan, wooden spoon and a large baking tray.
Start by making the glaze. Add all of the ingredients except for the water and cornflour to a small saucepan and mix together.
While that’s coming to a boil, mix together the cornflour and water in a small bowl. Once the sauce is boiling, add in the cornflour mixture and mix through.
The sauce will start to thicken immediately so take off the heat and set aside.
Chop up the broccoli head into small pieces and place on the baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and toss to combine, pushing the broccoli to the sides of the pan so there is space for the salmon fillets in the centre.
Add the salmon and spoon over the glaze generously. Place the tray into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the broccoli is soft and starting to brown and the salmon is only just cooked through.
Serve between two plates and sprinkle over sesame seeds. This recipe is also great for meal prep, simply add any leftovers to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This recipe feeds 2 but it does make extra glaze so you can use more salmon fillets and broccoli to feed a family if you want or just save the extra glaze for another meal.
More dinners under 30 mins:
20 Minute Hoisin Pork Stir Fry
15 Minute Garlic Prawn Noodles
20 Minute Bow Tie Pasta
BBQ Prawn Tacos
One Pan Baked Salmon and Broccoli
- 2 x salmon fillets
- 1 head broccoli
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Make the glaze. In a small saucepan, combine all of the glaze ingredients except for the water and corn flour. Mix together and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the water and corn flour. Add to the saucepan and stir through until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Chop up the broccoli head into small pieces and place on the baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and toss to combine.
- Push the broccoli to the sides of the pan and place the salmon fillets in the centre. Spoon over a generous amount of the glaze and then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes to bake. It will be done when the broccoli is soft and starting to brown and the salmon is only just cooked through.
- Serve between two plates and sprinkle over sesame seeds if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and is calculated using automated online tools, therefore we cannot guarantee the accuracy. We encourage you to make your own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe.
great flavours here sally. i love salmon and i love broccoli. delish!
Me too! Thank you!