These spicy pork and peanut noodles takes just 20 minutes and are the perfect easy weeknight dinner. Made with pork mince and a 4 ingredient sweet, sticky flavourful sauce, this meal comes together quicker than you can order takeaway – and tastes so much better!
This recipe was originally published in June 2019 and has been updated with new photos and more helpful content. The recipe remains the same!
Raise your hand if you are feeling the need for more and more easy weeknight dinners that are low fuss but still taste delicious. Me too!
As we try and fit more and more into our days I find that settling down at the end of the day is so much more relaxing if I can enjoy a tasty home cooked meal that didn’t take me hours in the kitchen.
I’m looking for comfort and convenience. But it HAS to taste good.
That’s exactly what we’re talking about today. These noodles are my go to for an easy dairy-free dinner. They are simple, they are adaptable and to be honest once you taste that sweet, sticky and just the right amount of spicy sauce, you’ll be addicted. Go ahead and put these on your menu next week!
This recipe is my remedy to the days when I don’t really want to cook but also don’t really think I neeeed to order in again. These pork and peanut noodles come together quicker than it takes the UberEats person to arrive and personally I enjoy these noodles more than any I can buy because I can adjust the flavours and the level of spiciness.
For these easy pork and peanut noodles you will need a few basic ingredients, just 4 for the sauce and another 4 for the noodles themselves.
- Soy sauce – the base of the sauce providing that salty balance.
- Brown sugar – to sweeten the sauce and help ensure the sauce coats to the noodles.
- Sesame oil – the savoury balance to the sauce and the key to a rich, delicious flavour.
- Chilli and garlic sauce – if you can’t find it or are looking for a substitute you can also use sambal oelek or even just some sriracha. Adjust the amount based on how spicy you like your spicy noodles.
- Noodles – for the noodles pictured, I used a wide, flat guan miao noodle from my local Asian grocery store, but any quick cooking dried noodle will work. I’ve made this for years using Chang’s long life noodles which I can get from Woolworths, otherwise 2 minute instant/ramen noodles would work as well.
- Pork mince – you want to select a lean pork mince if possible for the best flavour.
- Peanuts – regular, unsalted peanuts are what we’re looking for here.
- Broccoli – I always make this with broccoli but you could substitute with any green vegetable you have, just adjust the cooking time/method as required. Cauliflower would also sub in well.
To make these noodles, you don’t need much in the way of equipment. I make them using a saucepan and a frying pan, but technically if you wanted to get out a pot with taller sides that you could both boil noodles in and sauté the pork, you could make this as a one pot meal.
Start by measuring out your sauce ingredients into a small bowl or jar and mix to combine. Set aside until you need it.
Next put your noodles on to boil according to their package directions and chop up the broccoli into bite sized pieces. Once the noodles are almost cooked, add in the broccoli to the pot while they finish cooking. Just a minute or so is enough to make sure the broccoli doesn’t overcook.
Drain the broccoli and noodles and add back into the pot.
In a frying pan cook the pork mince, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon until it’s browned and completely cooked.
Add the pork to the pot with the noodles and broccoli, adding in the peanuts and the sauce. Cook over low heat for an extra minute or two, stirring well to coat the noodles in the sauce. The sauce will thicken and darken slightly.
Serve the noodles in bowl topped with sesame seeds
If you love the idea of these noodles but are looking for something even easier or just want a vegetarian version, then you need to make these 5 minute sweet and spicy noodles instead as they use the same delicious sauce.
More easy dinner recipes:
Spicy Pork and Peanut Noodles
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chilli and garlic sauce
- 450 grams dried noodles
- 500 grams pork mince
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds optional
- In a small bowl or jar mix together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan of water on to boil and cook the noodles according to the packet directions. Chop broccoli into small bite sized pieces and add to the pot of noodles just as they are finishing cooking for another minute until tender. Drain both noodles and broccoli and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat the peanut oil. Cook the pork mince until brown, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Add peanuts, broccoli and noodles to the browned mince and mix through sauce. Cook for 5 minutes stirring until the sauce thickens and coats the noodles. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and serve.
Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and is calculated using automated online tools, therefore we cannot guarantee the accuracy. We encourage you to make your own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe.