When the stress of everyday life has you reaching for the chocolate, these quick and easy chocolate brownies are the easiest thing to satisfy that need.
I know that after a long day it is much easier to grab for some kind of pre-packaged dessert or chocolate bar in order to satisfy that craving, however I want to tell you that don’t have to spend all night in the kitchen to create something delicious at home! These brownies are so quick and easy that you will be enjoying them within half an hour, promise.
I think it is important to have an easy go-to dessert recipe. One that always works, tastes great, and contains items that are generally in the pantry ready to go. This particular recipe has got me past the dessert crisis many times!
The best part as well, is that it is a guaranteed hit, because who doesn’t love a brownie? Chocolatey, decadent and not too sweet, these brownies are the perfect way to get that chocolate fix!
As I said, these are a quick chocolate fix, so while they aren’t strictly your traditional heavy brownie with chunks of chocolate and nuts (if you are looking for that then try these), they are still way better than a packet mix and just as easy!
Quick & Easy Chocolate Brownies
- 1/2 cup dairy-free spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tblsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Using hand held electric beaters, combine dairy-free spread* and sugar in a large bowl. Add vanilla and eggs and continue mixing until combined and fluffy.
- Sift in cocoa powder and flour. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and mix in dry ingredients. Mixture should be quite thick.
- Spoon mixture into a lined square 20cm baking pan and bake in oven for 20mins at 180 C. Brownies are done when they bounce back slightly when touched, you want them to still be a bit soft in the middle. Let cool then cut into squares.