Let’s talk about brownies for a sec. And I know what you must be thinking. Not another brownie recipe – surely there is enough of those on the internet already? I even already have 2 on my blog! But yes, when it comes to these dark chocolate peanut butter brownies, you will definitely want to hear more.
These brownies have gone through some extensive BBQ taste testing over the last few weeks, and let me tell you, they should probably come with a warning because it is particularly hard to stop at one. They are eat in your car on the way home so you don’t have to share good. Yep, that good.
The secret of these brownies is a combination of the dark chocolate pieces that provide that delicious crunch, and the gluten-free flour that ensure these brownies are soft and moist just as a brownie should be. You can definitely make these with regular flour, but after tasting the difference with the gluten-free flour, when it comes to brownies, I won’t use any other. It simply creates a beautifully fudgey brownie every time.
Next comes that creamy frosting. Chocolate and peanut butter – a true combination of flavours, nothing much beats this pairing. A simple peanut butter frosting thickly spread on top of these rich and chocolatey brownies just takes these to the next level. Peanut butter = the actual best.
You could totally throw some chopped peanuts into the brownie mix to increase the peanutiness and add even more texture. Just an idea…but it sounds like it would be amazing.
Like most things I make, this is a dangerously quick and easy recipe to make. Whip up the brownie mix in 5 minutes, then in the oven for 15. Allow to cool and whip butter, peanut butter and icing sugar together to create a seriously tasty frosting and slather it generously over the brownies. Simple but amazingly YUM. You’re welcome.
Oh and I even made a video to prove to you just how easy these are to make. It was lots of fun putting this together so be sure to let me know in the comments or on social media if you want to see more of these!
This is my new go to when wanting to impress a group, particularly when short on time. Sorry every other brownie recipe, you have just been replaced!
- ½ cup dairy-free butter, melted*
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup plain gluten-free flour
- 50 grams 70% or higher dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup dairy-free butter*
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1½ cups icing mixture
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and line a 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and vanilla and lightly whisk.
- Whisk in dark brown sugar and melted butter until combined.
- Sift cocoa powder and flour and combine gradualy with wet ingredients. Using a spatula to scrape down the sides, mix until completely combined.
- Fold through chopped dark chocolate pieces and spoon mixture into baking pan ensuring it is spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. The brownies are done when top is still soft but firm. Let cool on a wire rack completely before frosting.
- Using an electric mixter, beat dairy-free butter and peanut butter. Slowly add in icing mixture ¼ cup at a time.
- After about half the icing mixture has been added, the frosting will start to stifen. Add in a tablespoon of water and continue adding icing mixture. You may need to add 3-4 tablespoons of water to ensure a smooth and creamy frosting.
- Using a spatula, spread frosting onto cooled brownies and cut into 16 squares.
Save it for later: