These chicken bacon ranch wraps are such an easy and incredibly delicious lunch idea. They are so simple made with tender chicken pieces, super crispy bacon and of course a generous amount of homemade ranch dressing. Wrap them up with your favourite salads and you have an anything but boring lunch, ready to grab and go!
I don’t know about you, but I am always left feeling lost at lunch time. I need easy and I need quick, but quite often those two things come together and equal something quite boring.
The easiest way to jazz up a plain sandwich, wrap or salad is to add a yummy sauce, and this homemade ranch dressing does exactly that, elevating this chicken and bacon wrap from good to so delicious.
While I do like these wraps for an easy work from home workday lunch, they are also great for a weekend lunch served up in the centre of the table for people to grab or made ahead and take to school, work or even on a hike as they are perfect to pack up and take on a picnic!
And while we’re at it, these actually make a fantastic quick and easy dinner option for those nights when you want something easy.
I don’t feel like this is a recipe as such but rather a guide for you to make something really yummy at home rather than picking up something from that cafe cabinet and being slightly disappointed.
This wrap contains simple ingredients but you can be flexible based on what you have or what you like.
- Chicken tenders – we’re going to cook these for our wrap but you can use any already cooked chicken (perfect for leftovers) or use chicken breast or thigh instead.
- Bacon – use your favourite here.
- Ranch dressing – I’m using homemade dairy-free ranch (recipe linked in the recipe card at the end of this post) otherwise you can use store bought instead for an even easier version.
- Tortilla wraps – I’m using large homemade wraps but think any store bought wraps the size you would use for a burrito.
- Lettuce – I like cos or iceberg lettuce for extra crunch in these wraps.
Feel free to make this your own though and add extras such as avocado or tomato, depending on what you like / have available.
For this recipe, we’re starting by cooking the chicken tenders and bacon. If you’re using leftovers then you can simply skip this step.
I’ve been loving making chicken tenders in my air fryer because they are so easy to do and cook perfectly every single time meaning I don’t have to worry about dry chicken.
Start by trimming off the tough tendon from the chicken tenders and then season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken tenders in the basket of your air fryer that’s been lined with baking paper and cook for 10-15 minutes at 180°C or until cooked through.
You can also cook the chicken in a frying pan on the stove, in the oven or on the BBQ. It’s up to you how you want to cook them.
Next, you’ll cook the bacon in a frying pan or on the BBQ until it’s nice and crispy and then set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain away any excess oil.
Finally, if you’re making it from scratch (which I highly encourage) make a batch of homemade ranch dressing as this is really the star of the show.
You’re now ready to assemble your wraps!
Grab a large flour tortilla and heat it slightly in the microwave or on the stove so that it’s more pliable. Place some lettuce, bacon and chicken in the centre, followed by any other salad you’re using and drizzle generously with the homemade ranch dressing.
Season with salt and pepper and then wrap up like a burrito. To serve, cut the wraps in half and place on a plate with extra ranch dressing.
Yes! Simply add some hot sauce like Franks alongside your ranch for a delicious spicy version of this chicken and bacon ranch wrap.
Yes, if you prefer a warm or toasted wrap simply place in a sandwich press for a couple of minutes after rolling up the wrap or place in a frying pan with a little cooking oil spray and toast gently on each side to warm.
You can store these wraps in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminium foil.
If you’re wanting to keep them for more than 24 hours, leave off the ranch dressing as this can make the wrap soggy. If you leave the dressing off, the wraps will last an extra day in the fridge.
More easy lunch ideas:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
- 500 grams chicken tenders
- 4-6 rashers of bacon
- ¼ cup homemade ranch dressing
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 180°C. Trim and season your chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes depending on the size of the tenders, or until the internal temperature reaches 75°C (165F). Set aside. You can also cook the chicken tenders in a frying pan or grill/BBQ.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel to drain away any excess oil.
- Assemble the wraps by placing some chicken in the middle of each wrap, followed by the bacon, then the lettuce. Drizzle everything generously with the ranch dressing season with salt and pepper.
- Roll each up like a burrito and slice in half. Serve with extra ranch dressing.
Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and is calculated using automated online tools, therefore we cannot guarantee the accuracy. We encourage you to make your own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe.